Tuesday, October 7, 2008

You can take the teacher out of the classroom...



I have been worried ever since I pulled Noah out of daycare that he would be missing out on something. In true teacher fashio, I decided to create "lesson plans" for days home with him. I have picked a theme for each month as well as a color, and we try to focus on these. Last month was the color green and the theme was leaves. We went on a leaf hunt at Nana's house. He then made an art project out of the leaves. He played with fake leaves and colored on construction paper leaves. This month is pumpkins and the color orange. We are taking our first trip to the pumpkin patch tomorrow with our playgroup. In the beginning I said I felt like Noah would be missing out. I have realized today that there is nothing he could learn in daycare that I cannot teach him at home, plus so much more. As each day goes by, I am more sure of my decision to stay home. I am also more sure that I want to stay at home as long as possible. I don't want to miss out on one second with my son.

1 comment:

Crisa said...

HEY you didn't tell me you had a blog?!?!?! I'm so glad you are enjoying your time at home. You're gonna love the pumpkin patch.