Thursday, October 16, 2008

One of those days

Do you ever have one of those days that ges okay despite the million things that went wrong? Today was the first full day where Noah did not have a binky unless he was sleeping. (This went suprisingly well until 4pm.) I was dreading an awful day, but things were really going pretty well. Noah seemed to be pretty happy, Toby left in a good mood, and the house was mostly clean. Well after lunch, we were in the bathroom getting ready when I saw Noah put something in his mouth. I reached in and felt nothing, so I snatched him up and washed out his mouth. Then I made him drink water. I was freaked out b/c Toby had dropped his deodorant on the ground and there were still pieces that he had not picked up b/c they were hidden by the rug that was being washed 4 days late. Anyway, I decided to call my mom and see if I should worry. No answer. I call my parent's house. No answer. I finally called my dad. He sounded weird and when I pressed him on it, he told me my mom was in the hospital. She has been having trouble with her asthma. SO he tells me go ahead and call poison control, who told me I have nothing to worry about. I go ahead and leave b/c my mom is going home. I decided to run to a new store that had just opened yesterday, b/c they were having a huge sale. On the way the car dvd player starts acting funny (I got this as an early b-day present b/c Noah hates riding in the car, I have had it maybe 3-4 weeks). I put in a new dvd and it starts working again. We do our shopping and get almost $85 of stuff for $39. I was pretty excited. So back in the car to drive to my college for an appt with my grad advisor to register for spring. We have no sooner left the parking lot than the whole dvd player breaks. No more fixing it, it is done. I am freaking out expecting a huge wail from the backseat, but suprisingly, he is okay. We get to the college, I have my meeting early and he is wonderful throughout the meeting. We get in the car, adn things are still okay. About 10 minutes from home, he starts crying. I try to hand him toys but he throws them. I know he is tired and ready for his nap, and I considered giving him a binky, but I don't. We get home, and I ahev to give him a breathing treatment. (I may have been a little worked up due to my mom but he was sounding really wheezy when he coughed.) I take him upstairs and get him ready for his nap. He starts screaming as soon as I put him down. I wait for 5 minutes and go try again. This time i get down the stairs before he is wailing. I have to feed the dog, take him out, and answer Toby's phone calls. I go back to check on him and it is not getting any better, so I give up on the nap since it is now 1 1/2 hour past nap time. He gets up, but is super fussy. I resist the urge to give him a binky. He was so tired that he was ready for his bath at 6:30. He has now been sleeping peacefully since 7:15 without so much of a peep, which is a miracle for him. However, in my anger and frustration I managed to bust one of our phones. It still works, but has no caller id. Fun! SO overall, it was a good day despite the problems we had.

No comments: