Friday, November 13, 2009

Pet peeves

I went out shopping for Christmas presents today and I thought I was going to have to take some people out. So it got me to thinking about my pet peeves (and there are a lot)

1. People who can't drive. Seriously, if the phone is too much of a distraction to your foot, put the phone down and drive! I don't like going 20 miles under the speed limit at any time, but especially not when I have a hungry 2 year old whose dvd is skipping in the backseat!

2. People with no manners~ I see this all the time. I don't understand how people function in this world without a basic concept of manners. I teach my son to say please and thank you and to be polite. I also teach him to have good table manners. When he gets old enough, I will teach him to hold the door open for people. Why do I see men (or women) who see someone struggling with bags and a two year old and just let the door close behind them? Even if I have Noah, I try to always help out when I see someone who needs help getting through the door.

3. Stores that say they have something on their website and you get to the store only to find out it is only online. That would be fine if it said that on the website! I was able to get Noah into Best Buy by telling him we were going to look for a certain DVD. When we got in there, they had none. Even though online they had a selection of more than 30. So Noah was bummed and that started our ride home off badly.

4. People who act nice, but are really not at all~ Why not just be the way you are all the time. I cannot stand fake nice people. If you are a *itch, just be one all the time. Don't pretend you are not.

5. People who are constantly in your business when they have no right to be.

I am sure there are more, but those are the ones that came to mind after today.

Now since I don't want to be a downer, I thought I would list some of the things that made me smile today.

1. Christmas shopping~ I love the holidays and I am so ready!

2. The fact that my son is fascinated by falling leaves. He loves to watch them fall from the sky.

3. Going into an expensive kid clothing store to buy Noah's Christmas outfit to find that every piece was on sale! I got the whole thing for under $35 when it should have been at least $70.

4. warm snuggles with my little guy

5. Noah being so excited to see his Daddy come home from work

6. Noah talking all the time about everything (today was mostly about the park and getting to see Granna and Pawpaw tomorrow, he asks to go to their house everyday!)

7. feeling my precious little girl kick me and knowing that she is growing big and strong

Sorry for the long post! Just had to get some of that off my chest!

1 comment:

Denise Lauren said...

i agree with so many of those ... especially the ones about manners and being polite! it's called common courtesy! i wonder why people neglect it so often.