Sunday, August 26, 2012

Night before kindergarten

My dearest Noah,
It hardly seems possible that I am sitting here writing this to you.  I cannot believe that you are old enough to go to school.  It seems like yesterday you were taking your first steps and learning your first words. Tomorrow you will be taking a new first step.  It is the first step down the long path of education.  It is a wonderful journey filled with new experiences, new friends, and new ideas.  It is also a journey that will have some bumps a long the way; a bad grade, friends not acting nicely, broken hearts.  My hope for you is that this journey you are starting on will not only teach you information, but also life lessons.  I hope you will learn things that cannot be taught in a book.  I hope you will see all the wonder in the world around you.  I hope you will learn that all people are special no matter their differences.  I hope you will learn that even though you are small you can make a difference in the world.  You have so many possibilities ahead of you.  You are a bright, caring, and fun little guy.  You can do whatever your heart desires.  I hope that this journey will help you figure out what it is your heart desires.  And whatever that path is I will always support you, every step of the way.  Today those desires are to be a construction worker and an airplane "flyer".  I know that will change a million times, but just know that I am behind you 100% and I believe that you can do anything in this world.
Tomorrow as we walk into the school, I know that you are prepared for all the challenges ahead.  I also know that I am going to be a basket case.  I have already warned you that I am going to cry, and I know I will as I am fighting back tears right now.  These tears are not tears of sadness.  They are tears of disbelief.  I cannot believe that the same little guy I held hands with through the holes in the isolette in the NICU, is now starting kindergarten.  I want you to remember that I will be with you every step of the way, during the times of great joy and when there are bumps in the road.  I love you to the moon and back.  Have a great day in kindergarten my little man.
Love always,
Mommy

No comments: